Art Simms Bass Fishing

My photo
I started bass fishing after watching all of the fishing shows on tv. A few years later I thought I was pretty good, until I entered a few tournaments. I quickly realized that I wasn't as good as I thought and was only donating my money. In 1997 I joined the Viking Bassmasters of the Minnesota Bass Federation to hone my skills with some guys more experienced than me. Since that time I have learned a lot and had some major success. I have been Viking Bassmasters Club Champion three times and won sixteen club tournaments. I was the Fishers of Men Minnesota East division champion in 2006, along with a few money tournament wins and numerous top tens.

Thursday, April 10, 2008

BassFan contests

I just found out I was one of the winners in Bassfans monthly contest. For those that don't know about it, first you have to join the Bassfan Army (free lifetime membership) then all you have to do is watch for the contest in the dock talk section of Bassfans web site. Usually they ask to name how many sizes or colors are available in a particular manufacturers lure lineup. Just go to the manufactures website, count the colors, sizes, etc. and email Bassfan the correct answer, then they draw the winners from the correct entries. I guess I'll be getting an assortment of plastics from Zipper Worm for the latest contest. This is actually the second time I have won a Bassfan contest, they also have a contingency program where if you win a qualifying tournament using any of their sponsors products and submit the proper form, you will be entered in a monthly drawing. Last year after winning a Fishers of Men tournament on Rush lake, I submitted the form and ended up winning! A couple weeks later I received a large box filled with a Plano Flipsider tackle box, numerous crankbaits & plastics, Vicious & Berkley fishing line, a Minnkota trolling motor prop, a bunch of misc items, a Abu Garcia 4600c and a Fenwick 6'6" med heavy rod - all totally free! I would recommend everyone get signed up and enter.

.

No comments: